Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Blutopia IV: Obama and the Black Factor



what's up gang? this is the fourth installment of blutopia touching on a very popular topic. as a person of color, it really bothers me when people make comments about obama "not being black enough," etc. etc. and usually when i hear people talking about this, it's OTHER BLACK PEOPLE!

so dre and i thought it would be cool to have an obama that's insecure about his black vote and trying to tap into the hip-hop culture to claim his blackness.

this is all in fun, and congrats to obama getting the nod. hope ya likes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol! This is hilarious..yet weirdly unfortunate at the same time. It speaks to one of the main problems in the Black community--stereotyping one another. It reminds me of when I was called "not black enough" just because of the music I listen to or how I speak (read: clear and proper use of the English language), and yet I was one of the most socially-conscious people in my environment.

Makes you wonder...Anyway, I'm proud of Barack and I'm proud of you guys for raising awareness.

preach said...

thanks so much for checking this out. we have more to come!

DRE said...

Yo, one, thank you man. It's good to see people paying attention to these issues in a realistic manner. It's there, and it's a problem. Thank you for your honesty homey.

507 said...

Great timing on this strip, I couldn't help but laugh the other day and think of Blutopia when... Barack and Michelle knocked fists in dap fashion. Then the Washington Post called it: "the fist bump heard 'round the world", LOL.

Dre, killah illustrations. Love what you guys are doing.

I'm ready for the next episode....

DRE said...

Thanks for checking us out 507! Glad you enjoyed the strip, you couldn't have said it better as far as the timing. We didn't even plan it, but hey, shit worked you know?

Bump fist heard 'round the world. Yeah, i saw that when it happened and though it was ridicoulous! Oh well, much love for the props, we'll drop the next joint pretty soon. One.